Long time has no written any article about sewing. Our summer was busy and so many things has change around us but keep on sewing. First of all I brought some cute dress for you and its sewing pattern as well. I hope you like it. This cute sailor dress is so easy to make.
bias tape for hemming
How to sew
- Place the two back panel right sides together and stitch the middle of the back from the top to the bottom and serge.
- Press the seam allowance towards right or left and topstitch.
- Hem the gate on the front.
- Place the front and back panel right sides together and stitch the shoulder line, serge and press the seam allowance backwards.
- Let’s make the collar. First topstitch over bias tape or band in place. Press and place the two collar pieces right sides together.
- Sew around the collar. Leave the neckline open. Turn inside out poke the corneres and press.
- Topstitch the collar and press again.
- Place the collar on the neckline and stitch.
- Hem the neckline with the bias tape. Leave about 15cm tail at the end for tying.
- Fold the dress right sides together and stitch the sides.
- Serge and press the seam allowance backwards.
- Double hem the bottom and stitch and press.
- Hem the armline and press.
Well done. You made a great job again.